200hr Raja-Hatha Yoga Teacher & Sound Therapy Training (Deposit)
with Gabriella Gaona & Thomas Orr Anderson M.A.
(February 5th- April 10th 2022)
- Yoga Philosophy & Historical Roots of Yoga
- Main Texts, Classical Types of Yoga
- 8 Limb Path to Enlightenment (Raja Yoga) or The Royal Path
- Postures, Alignment & Sequencing
- Trauma Informed Modifying & Assisting
- Functional Anatomy
- Meditation, Pranayama (Breathwork) & Mantra
- Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness & Meditation
- Energy Body
- Intro to other styles of yoga (Yin, Restorative, Nidra, etc..)
- Physics of Sound & Vibration
Foundations of Holistic Sound Work
- Philosophy & Traditions
- Sequences & Combinations
Therapeutic Techniques, Applications & Practices
- Both Group Sessions/ Private Sessions
- Integrating Sound Work with Yoga
How is this training different from others?
- Fundamentally integrates yoga with sound.
- Helps you cultivate your own unique expression of Yoga while still maintaining firm roots in both ancient traditions AND modern science.
- Does not only focus on one ideology or lineage but of various roots and branches / schools of thought.
- Emphasizes individual self-discovery and supports personal insight.
- Designed to nurture and inspire your creativity.
- Focuses on accessibility and inclusivity.
- Values experimentation and personal experience.
- Approaches esoteric teachings in an integrative and grounded way.
- Focuses on the most important and valuable lessons one must have in order to become a well rounded instructor.
- Puts emphasis on the doing, not just the knowing…
- Will have you stepping into the teacher role on day one.
- Will have you walk out as a confident and experienced yoga instructor / sound therapist.
February 5th - March 13th (Saturdays & Sundays 12-6pm)
March 23rd-27th (Wednesday-Sunday, 5-Day Retreat)
April 2nd-10th (Saturdays & Sundays 12-6pm)
8 weekends at The Inner Warrior Studio +96hrs
5-day Retreat in Sewanee, TN +32hrs
- Stay in beautiful Tiny Home waterfall retreat,
- Option to stay in a private Tiny Home with extra fee
- Lessons, Classes, Nature Walks, Waterfalls, Bonfires, etc…
(On your own) homework +72hrs
= 200 hours total
$600 non-refundable deposit (applied toward tuition)
$3,700 full tuition
(3-month & 6-month payment plan options available, inquire via email email@example.com)
Note: This program is not affiliated with Yoga Alliance.
More about your teachers...
Thomas Orr Anderson is a physicist, musician, acoustical researcher, author, teacher, athlete, Nature-Lover, and Qi Gong instructor. For the last two decades, he has devotedly explored the magic of sound in countless domains, from university laboratories and integrative health facilities to indigenous dance ceremonies and ancient Maltese temples. Since his completion of both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in physics, he has been particularly devoted to teaching and exploring the physics of sound and vibration in the context of health and wellness. Thomas was the last private student of renowned holography expert, Dr. H. J. Caulfield, and for the last 8 years has been a student of, now 107 yr-old Yaqui-Mayan medicine man, Tata Kachora. Being one of the few devoted explorers of sound mysticism who is also a trained physicist, Thomas has become well-known around the world for nurturing clarity and honesty in the domains of sound therapy.
His extensive studies in physics, music, and natural healing naturally combine into a great devotion to sound therapy, in which field he has established himself internationally as a renowned expert teacher. Professional Inspirer, Lover of Nature, Teacher of Teachers.
Gabriella Gaona is an artist, yogi, & co-creator. Born and raised in Louisville, KY, She is dedicated to sharing yoga with everyone in her community. Her yoga journey started at age 16. After going through some hard times, Gabriella found the path of yoga and the light that guided her to meet many teachers along the way.
At age 21, she met her 200hr Hatha-Raja YTT instructor, Martin Scott, in San Francisco, CA. This training completely changed her life and her view on yoga all-together. Martin had previously studied and got certified under Dharma Mittra, a master of modern yoga and student of Sri Swami Kailashananda, also known as Yogi Gupta.
Yogi Gupta was the third great yoga master to come to the United States to spread the teachings of the vedas. (The first was Swami Vivekananda in 1899, the second Paramahansa Yogananda in 1920.) He also established the first Hatha Yoga institution in the U.S. in NYC.
Gupta often said that Sri Dharma Mittra was doing his work for him in America. Gabriella believes that it was through this lineage/shakti that propelled her to create MYPATH Fest, a mindful yoga gathering in the hills of central KY, and expand The Inner Warrior to being the first donation-based yoga studio in Louisville, KY.
Gabriella lives for sharing her own experience & modern interpretation of this classical Eight-Limb/Raja-Hatha yoga practice with others. Going on over a decade of her own personal practice, and 6 years of teaching… she is elated to share all she’s learned and more in her first ever teacher training offering!
“Yoga is especially necessary at this point in time, when life appears especially confusing and filled with tension, stress and distractions. It helps one to slow down in life and re-align oneself with the harmony of the universe and find peace within. It will help diminish cravings and bad habits, and bring you a disease-free body, a balanced mind, radiant health and long life. Yoga brings very special results. It is the door-opener to intuitive knowledge and Eternal Bliss.”
~ Yogi Gupta