Intro to Harmonium Workshop
Sunday, Oct. 22nd | 2:00pm - 3:30pm
with Emily Joan Smith @ The Inner Warrior (600 Distillery Commons, Suite 250, Louisville KY)
This 1.5 hour workshop is offered as a beginner’s intro class to playing the harmonium.
What to expect?
• Harmonium history, parts of the instrument, and basic mechanics of playing.
• Learn to drone the harmonium in support of Om chanting
• Learn to play a Kirtan chant.
• You will get to explore five different harmoniums and see how each one is different.
• Explore their differences, where to purchase harmoniums, and what factors to consider when choosing what to buy, such as quality, price points, and other pros and cons.
$37 investment ~ Discount is available for anyone who is currently struggling financially 💓 Just inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales are final - There are no refunds, however tickets can be transferred to someone else.
*No prior experience necessary and harmoniums are provided; though if you do own a harmonium, please bring it!
*Space is limited!
More about Emily...Emily Joan Smith is a devotional singer/musician and yoga and meditation teacher from Louisville, KY. She holds a Bachelor's in Music Education from the University of Louisville School of Music and has 20+ years of varied music performance and teaching experience. Emily is the founder of kirtan band Anahata Bhakti and has been leading kirtans in the local and wider community since 2017.